| Site Map | Log On | Help
Home Margaret Reed Crosby
Memorial Library
Poplarville Public Library Computer Use
Links Contact Us
|  About Us  |  Calendar  |  Services  |  Hurricane Issues  |  Staff  | Trustees | Eliza Jane the On-Line Catalog |

Hurricane Issues

Medical Emergency Insurance Paper/Document
Miscellaneous Entire List

Replacing Documents Destroyed by Katrina

Disaster Relief Contact Numbers
Red Cross: Missing Persons - 1-877-LOVED 1's/ 1-877-568-3317
Services Needed - 1-800-975-7585
Follow the link on middle right of page>Evacuees: Click for Info on Disaster Assistance
FEMA 1-800-621-FEMA(3362) TTY: 1-800-462-7585
Follow link on middle right of page>Apply online.
MEMA 1-800-222-MEMA(6362)
MS Dept. of Human Services: http://www.mdhs.state.ms.us/
MS Dept. of Public Safety: 601-987-1212 (Driver's Licenses and ID Cards) or
Region 8 Mental Health Services: http://www.region8mhs.org/index.html
Medical Crisis: 1-866-230-8674 or 601-360-0400
United States Small Business Administration: Mississippi Dist. Office: 601-965-4378 or
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation: http://www.fdic.gov/
Unemployment Insurance: 1-888-844-3577 (MS Dept. of Employment Security)
Insurance Information Institute: http://www2.iii.org
Insurance Companies: Allstate http://allstate.com
State Farm http://statefarm.com
MS State University Library's Guide to Hurricane Katrina Resources: http://library.msstate.edu/katrina

^ Return to top ^     Replacing Documents Destroyed by Katrina     ^ Return to top ^

Paper/Document Replacement Information
Adoption Papers:
Mississippi Department of Human Services
(800) 821-9157 or
(601) 359-4989

Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, Marriage Records:
Mississippi Department of Health
The Office of Vital Records
571 Stadium Drive
P.O. Box 1700
Jackson, MS 39215-1700
Ph. (601) 576-7960

Driver's license:
Apply for a duplicate at a local driver's license office.

Educational Records:
Contact school(s) attended.

Health Records:
Contact physician's office.

Insurance Policies:
Contact agency providing coverage.
For agency address:
American Council of Life Insurance
1001 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20004
Ph: (202) 624-2414
Military Service Papers:
To obtain a copy of DD241 (a report of transfer or discharge); or to request other military records, call:
Army - (314) 538-4261
Navy - (314) 538-4141
Air Force - (314) 538-4243
For other records, call the Office of Personnel Civilian Records Center
(314) 538-5761

Contact the local post office.

Property Deeds:
Contact the local circuit clerk's office.

Social Security Cards:
Contact the local Social Security Office, call
(800) 772-1213 or visit

Stock Certificates:
Contact any brokerage firm (fees may be involved).

Federal Income Tax Returns
For those filing in MS:
IRS Service Center
Memphis, TN 37501
(800) 829-1040
Property & Personal Taxes:
County Tax Collector's Office

State Income Taxes:
Mississippi State Tax Commission
P. O. Box 1033
Jackson, MS 39215-1033
(601) 923-7000

U.S. Savings Bonds:
Ask for form PDF-1048.
Federal Reserve Bank
Pittsburgh, PA 15230
(800) 245-2804

Vehicle Titles:
Mississippi State Tax Commission
P. O. Box 1033
Jackson, MS 39215-1033
(601) 923-7000
Ask for form 78006-Application
for Replacement Certificate of Title

Contact your attorney.

Updated: September 24, 2009